Orthodontic Treatment of Skeletal Class II Open Bite: 1) Closing the Open Bite and 2) Solving the A-P Discrepancy
This lecture will provide the methods 1) how to close the open bite by using mini-implants and 2) how to solve the antero-posterior (A-P) discrepancy.
1) Methods of intruding posterior teeth
• One mid-palatal mini-implant + TPA
2) Methods of solving the A-P discrepancy
; Although all of skeletal A-P discrepancy cannot be treated orthodontics only, in some cases, A-P discrepancy can be resolved by counterclockwise rotation of mandible and distal driving of maxillary teeth with
• Anchor plate
• MEAW + Class II elastics
Cases will be presented and step-by-step procedures will be explained.
- Attendees of this lecture will be able to understand good indication and to perform treatment of skeletal Class II open bite by intruding posterior teeth.
- Attendees of this lecture will be able to recognize and manage the antero-posterior discrepancy after closing the open bite.